The Rules apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Interactive Services means that you accept and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Interactive Services are moderated. Every contribution submitted to the Interactive Services (Contribution) will be checked by Latitude for compliance with the content standards below (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. Latitude will try to publish as many Contributions as possible but cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published.
Latitude also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Interactive Services as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Interactive Services is moderated, Latitude is under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Interactive Services or any other service it provides on its site and may stop moderating the Interactive Services at any time.
Latitude reserves the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which it deems to be potentially defamatory of any person or which it deems unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. Latitude expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Interactive Services by any person in contravention of these Rules.
Submission of contributions
Follow the instructions pertaining to the relevant Interactive Services to add a Contribution, including:
- Asking a question in a forum, blog or notice board
- Commenting on an article, blog or wiki post
- Replying to a question or comment
If you wish your Contribution to be anonymous, please update your profile to reflect this. Your name will appear as part of your Contribution when published, unless you specify that your Contribution is anonymous.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. Latitude will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Latitude if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Interactive Services, you agree to grant Latitude a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, Latitude will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. Latitude may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Interactive Services, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Latitude the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to Latitude, please do not submit the Contribution to the Interactive Services.
Breach of these rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Interactive Services.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Interactive Services.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as Latitude reasonably feels is necessary or as required by law.
Latitude excludes liability for all action it may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and Latitude may take any other action it reasonably deems appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Interactive Services, please e-mail email@example.com. Latitude will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with the Content Standards above. Latitude will deal with any Contribution which, in its opinion, violates the Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). Latitude will inform you of the outcome of its review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these rules
Latitude may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes Latitude may make, as they are legally binding on you.