Richard Gregory’s slides from SMX London 2010 – Binghoo!
- May 18, 2010
- by Simon Whittick
So it was a busy first day at SMX yesterday and our COO Richard Gregory was amongst many involved in the various panels and presentations.
Richard was involved in the panel “Yahoo! & Microsoft Search Alliance: The New Search Powerhouse“.
Some of the key points coming out of the session were:
- Yahoo and Bing are too focussed on Google, and not looking over their shoulders at the new threats from Facebook and eventually Twitter sponsored tweets.
- Our monthly Facebook spend is only half that of our Microsoft spend, after only 12 months.
- At current trajectory, Facebook could overtake Microsoft by the end of the year.
- It might not be worth spending time on Binghoo unless you have a minimum monthly spend of £2,500.
- Binghoo alliance won’t be completed until 2012, which may be too late give the pace of growth of Facebook and Twitter.
- The reason that it will take so long is “Because they are two large companies”.
- However, Facebook was able to grow because it wasn’t a large company.
- Conversely Google rolls out product developments quickly and they’re a pretty large company.
You can see Richard’s slides below:0 Comments